I love lazy Sunday mornings. There’s just something about Sunday mornings that are so inviting. Right now, I’m lying in bed, on the computer, creating a new account for Google Reader and listening to my Sunday Morning playlist. Would only be better with a cup of coffee by my side, but don’t want to wake up others in the house to grind the coffee. I guess it could also be better if I had a puppy by my side. Puppies always make things better. 😉
Loving this morning so much I had to share the awesomeness that’s rockin’ my ears right now:
- Arms of a Woman, by Amos Lee http://bit.ly/AOAW
- Brighter Then Sunshine, by Aqualung http://bit.ly/BTS
- Comfortable, by John Mayer http://bit.ly/Comfortable
- Summer Breeze, covered by Jason Mraz http://bit.ly/JMSB
- Chasing Pavements, by Adelle http://bit.ly/13VAFJ
- Come Away With Me, by Norah Jones http://bit.ly/cpCPc
- Boys with Girlfriends, by Meiko http://bit.ly/1KwTb
- Hide and Seek, by Imogen Heap http://bit.ly/IHHAS
- Somewhere in Between, by Lifehouse http://bit.ly/SIBLH
- Slide, by the Goo Goo Dolls http://bit.ly/SlideGGD
- Please Don’t Stop the Rain, by James Morrison http://bit.ly/PDSTR
- Talk to Me, by Keri Noble http://bit.ly/TTMKN
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, by Jack Johnson http://bit.ly/SWWJJ
- Happy in the Morning, by Nikka Costa http://bit.ly/HITMNC
This is only 14 of the 60 songs in the playlist, but these are some of my favorites. Help me explore new music to love on Sunday morning. What’s your favorite song for a lazy Sunday morning?
6 thoughts on “Sunday Morning Playlist”
I tend to recommend New Buffalo (start with “Cheer Me Up, Thank You”).
P.S. I was basically devastated I couldn’t make it to Austin this weekend, and catch you before you left 😦 !
Ohhh…will check it out.
Yes, sad you did not get to partake of me IRL while I was in Austin. I head back tonight. Coming to SF anytime soon?
Hey Karen, my Sundays are usually spent nursing a hangover. This calls for something gentle like Brian Eno (Music for Airports), then once I can handle song structure, Nick Drake, Dexter Wansel, Erykah Badu, El Michels Affair, Vikter Duplaix.
THE best album for Sunday afternoon is undoubtedly “The Koln Concert” by Keith Jarrett. Solo piano to uplift the soul.
Darren–This is an awesome list. I’ve only heard of Erykah out of the ones you’ve listed. *runs to iTunes*
I love sharing new music so will check yours out too!
This is exactly the kind of music I’m looking for. I don’t know if it has exactly the lazy mood, but one song on my morning playlist is “Her Morning Elegance” by Oren Lavie. Thanks for contributing to my playlist. (: